The Migration of Giseladorf Residents:
1. The settlement of Molydorf (Molidorf, Mollydorf) in 1832 by residents from the towns of Charleville, Seultour, St. Hubert, Mastort, Heufeld, Hatzfeld-Landestreu, Tschesterlek (Czöztelek, Neu-Hatzfeld) and Deutsch-Tschernja etc.
2. The migration from Molydorf (Molidorf, Mollydorf) to Giselahain 1868 (re-settlement in the area of Giselahain)
3. The migration from Giselahain to Giseladorf 1882.
1830 to 1868
For nearly a century, the much-debated and often considered idea, which was to transform the 100 square miles of the large Danube floodplains,
home of the German-Banat Border Regiment, into a fertile and agriculturally intensive area, was taken up again in the mid-19th Century, and this time took on practical implementation guidelines.
Containment of the Tisza and the Danube rivers in this area was planned and designed according to scientific analysis.
Concrete plans for the establishment of seven new settlement towns were created and initiated.
Among these seven settlement towns was also Giselahain, which would be populated with inhabitants of the village Molydorf
and the surrounding villages Tschsterleg, Neu-Tschernja and Deutsch-Tschernja.
The first settlement attempt, namely that of Rudolfsgnad 1863 - 65, had been successful.
1869 - 1882
The influx of several families from the surrounding towns such as Kathreinfeld, Kleck, Stefansfeld, and Deutsch-Etschka among others began in 1869.
Later in the year (1869) the village authorities awarded the contract for the construction of a dam under their supervision (along the Tisza river) to the private company Samuel Sorger.
From 1868 to 1870 were the most successful years for the village.
The town grew quickly, as the harvests were above average.
In March and April 1870 came the first big floods.
The town was destroyed, completely eradicated.
The residents sought refuge in the neighbouring towns.
The rebuilding of the town at a higher adjacent location began in the summer of 1870.
Many residents never returned. The following eight years (1871-1880) were on average less successful years. The reason was heavy rainfall.
The town grew again, and once more there was an influx of several families.
It was said there were more than 1000 inhabitants.
The largest flood in the short history of this town was in March 1880.
Only four houses, the school and the prayer house remained standing.
For the first time, the realization came to the residents that there is no future for them in this area.
The other newly settled towns experienced a similar fate as Giselahain.
The authorities formally acknowledged that the "great Reed" settlement had failed."
The inhabitants of the flooded towns issued a petition to the authorities for relocation to a different location.
In April 1881, the transfer of the Giseladorf inhabitants to Nagy-Margitta (Groß-Margitta) was approved.
Count Josef von Bethlen, the superintendent of district properties in Timişoara opposed this settlement and offered instead as alternatives the property near Budinz-Iktar/Kisseto, or land next to Suschanowitza (Gisdiarer Prädien), or land near Kladova.
A delegation of Giselahain residents visited the three properties offered during the summer of 1881.
The location next to Suschanowitza was chosen.